Friday, October 21, 2011

For Denita- Chicken Scaloppine

I never cooked before I was married... Due to my husband's Active Duty, we were miles apart so I only attempted to cook when he came home for a few days every few months. Seriously, I went to my moms for dinner every night unless I was having dinner with a friend somewhere else.
So all of my close friends know that since we got married and I moved with my husband, I've been trying to cook for him! It's been mostly a success so far. Or so he makes me think. My long time sister of 17 years, Denita, asked me what I've been cooking because she needs some new recipe's!
 I love this girl, so I told her about my husband's favorite thing I cook- Chicken Scaloppine! I actually got this recipe from a recipe book we got as a wedding gift. I registered for it- Better Homes & Gardens: Anyone Can Cook. 
LOL. 


I don't have any pictures of it, I haven't cooked it in a few weeks, but it's super easy and yum!




What you need:
  • 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (about 1 1/4 pounds total)
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
  • 2 eggs, lightly beaten
  • 2 tbsp. of milk
  • 1 cup seasoned fine dry bread crumbs
  • 3/4 cup finely shredded Romano or Parmesan cheese
  • 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
  • 2 tbsp. butter
  • 2 tbsp. olive oil
  • 4 lemon wedges (optional- I don't use them)              
  1. Place each chicken breast half between two pieces of plastic wrap. Using the flat side of a meat mallet, pound chicken lightly to about 1/4 inch thick.  Remove plastic wrap.  Sprinkle chicken pieces with salt and pepper.              
  2. In a shallow dish combine eggs and milk.  In a second shallow dish combine bread crumbs and cheese.  Lightly dredge chicken pieces on both sides through flour; shake off excess.  Dip both sides in egg mixture.  Dredge in crumb mixture to coat.  If necessary, press crumbs onto chicken with your hands to make crumbs stick.
  3. In a 12-inch skillet melt butter over medium-high heat; add oil.  Cook half the chicken breasts in melted butter and oil, uncovered, for 8 to 10 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink, turning once.  Remove from skillet; keep warm.  Add more oil if needed.  Cook remaining chicken.  Serve immediately with lemon wedges.  Makes 4 servings.

Ta-daaaa!! Hope you enjoy Dee ;)


I usually make some really good roasted potatoes for the side. Just cut some New Potatoes into wedges, throw in a pan, drizzle olive oil all over and any seasonings you want.  Bake about 30 mins at 375!

No comments:

Post a Comment